- digital screen mirrors integrating the Xbox Kinect technology: customers simply point and pass their hands up to the product to learn more about this particular food, its nutritional information, and how and where it was grown and harvested.
- interactive screens listing with educational and detailed information about every product displayed
Here is a video about our experience inside the supermarket:
Visual merchandising is also very interesting: clear, modern and linear.
Too bad that the technology is not completely ready:
- it misses some information about the products: as the product digitalization process can be quite difficult due to a wide range of products coming from suppliers from all over the world. Coop should ask the producers to add product information inside the content management system, and although the technology is ready, some of the producers are not.
- some screens are not functional, too slow to interact
- not easily readable because of the mirror effect
The future is now. People changed, shopping changed. Everything is based on the customer experience now. "Tomorrow", we will see digital screen in every store.